As we are getting ready to release the alpha version of CHEF.ONE, we would like to give you a preview of what to expect.
We are making CHEF.ONE because we believe that:
- There is more to homemade food than sharing a dinner with your friends and family
- There is more to public catering than local restaurants and cafes
We are not planning to change these. Our goal is to uncover new possibilities through the potential of a community-driven food sharing service. Wherever you are, there is a chef around the corner, who is not constrained by formal menus, cooking in a friendly authentic atmosphere.
How CHEF.ONE works
The CHEF.ONE community is based on the interaction between hosts (chefs of any level) and guests (food lovers). It is a marketplace where hosts offer meals and guests can order if they like it.
Where do you fit in?
- If you are tired of local restaurant food, want to try something new, something authentic, if you want to meet new people who share the same passion for food diversity, CHEF.ONE gives you all of this.
- If you love to cook and share, why not make money doing what you love? Why not practice and hone your skills, become known for what you do? Being a chef is all about cooking for others. CHEF.ONE can be a hobby for life or a start of your dream job.
To start using CHEF.ONE, download our mobile app (alpha release is planned for February 1, 2016 on the App Store and Google Play Store). The alpha will operate only in Hamburg, Germany. You can scroll through a list of local events or browse the map.
You can discover events without an account, but if you want to order or become a chef yourself, you will have to sign up. Provide some details about yourself and you are ready to go.
When you find what you like, make an order and proceed to checkout. We currently support two payment methods: credit card or PayPal. There is also two options to choose from: you can either eat at chef’s place or pick up.
Contact your chef for any questions you might have. We encourage you to communicate before, during, and after the meal. After all, it’s not just about food, you can easily make new friends.
Don’t forget to review chefs. Community feedback is what makes CHEF.ONE truly amazing.
Becoming a chef yourself is easy. You don’t have to be a professional. Simply tell us about yourself, your place, and your food. Make your guests welcome: good food and friendly company is all it takes to make this world a better place.
What is planned
The alpha release will provide only basic functionality. We are going to polish it as we go and build on this foundation. Here are some of the planned features:
- Food delivery
- Web application
- Enable hosts to confirm orders
- Add other payment options
Stay in touch
If you want to receive news about CHEF.ONE, you can sign up to our newsletter.